Your selected question and answer
Does Tesco Travel Insurance cover my existing medical conditions?
It depends on the nature of the medical condition.
When applying for Tesco Travel Insurance over the phone or online, you will be asked questions about your health and the health of anyone travelling with you to find out whether full cover can be provided and if so, the terms and conditions that will apply.
We will either offer you cover for the existing medical condition (for an additional premium), or exclude any claim arising as a result of the existing condition.
Please note that there are also conditions and exclusions that apply in respect of the health of anyone that could affect your trip even if they are not travelling with you e.g. a business partner or close relative.
You are unable to buy instant Tesco Travel Insurance in store if you or anyone to be covered by the policy has a pre-existing medical condition.
If you have an existing Tesco Travel Insurance policy you should call to check whether you're covered for your medical condition -
- If your policy begins with ‘TT' you should call 0845 293 9475
- If your policy begins with a number you should call 0845 300 8800
- Do you cover cruise holidays?
- If cover is refused for my pre-existing medical condition, am I still covered for other things?
- How do I know who my current insurance policy is with?
- How will the recent volcanic ash incident affect my travel plans?
- Can I look at my policy booklet online to check what I am covered for?