Your selected question and answer
What is a policy excess?
The excess is the amount you have to pay if you make a claim on your insurance. Without an excess, claims would increase dramatically and, ultimately, the cost of insurance would have to rise. Charging an excess means that insurance companies can keep the cost of insurance premiums lower, making them more affordable.
When you get a quote you can choose to increase your excess to reduce your monthly payments.
If you already have Tesco Pet Insurance, you'll find details of the excess in your Policy Schedule.
If you need to claim, Tesco Pet Insurance will deduct the amount of the policy excess from the settlement of your claim. If treatment for your pet is ongoing, you'll only have to pay the excess once, at the start of the claim.
- Will I have to pay an excess if I make a claim?
- How will vet bills be paid if my pet needs treatment?
- What happens when I phone the claim line?
- My pet has a condition that needs ongoing treatment. Do I need to wait until the treatment is finished before I make a claim?
- How do I pay for Tesco Pet Insurance?